Thursday, August 20, 2009

Online Dating Peeves

I admit, I’m a fickle online dater.  When I sign up on a new site (usually for a 3-month special I saw in an ad), I'm excited.  But after a few of weeks and several less-then-average profiles, I stop logging in.  But then, a couple of months later I see another ad or another new site, and once again I'm hopeful and back for more.  

You see, online dating is an art.  Those of you who do it know what I'm talking about.  Certain profiles attract more attention than others, depending on what you are looking for.  

Now, I'm a pretty realistic person when it comes to dating.  I'm not one of those girls who carries a laundry list of requirements for my dates (although no job and bad teeth are my deal-breakers).  But when I'm searching online, it's like going through a catalog.  I have to pick and choose, because of the endless number of men to sort through.  Most of the time, dismissing a potential date comes down to one thing, like what he chooses for a user name, (i.e. "MagikWand").  Or the fact that he posts a shirtless photo to show off either A.) abs or B.) tats.  You may be proud of your body, but stop posting those pics.  Seriously.  Don't make my job harder.  Use some common sense.

So, all you guys and girls who are online dating, put some time and thought into your profile.  Pretty please?